tracking

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Amazing Thrift Store Finds

One of my favorite places to shop is thrift stores. Purchasing second hand keeps usable cast offs out of the landfill, prevents more resources from being used to make new stuff, and offers fabulous saving on almost anything you might want to buy. I regularly find name brand clothing in current styles at deep discounts (usually $4-$6 per piece), I often find vintage items, valuables, and antiques. This week I hit up three thrift stores and found some amazing stuff.

Anyone who knows me well knows that I have a passion for fine china. Not only that, but I have had a fantasy for many years of owning autumn china. On Saturday, I went to Savers and, tada:

I found this stunting set of vintage fall formal china right out of my dreams. For only $16, I acquired this amazing teapot, sugar, and creamer. I can't tell you how excited I am to have this set.

On Friday, I found this little jewel of a cheeseboard at Deseret Industries. The most amazing part is that I comes from the Blue Danube collection, which I already have. Although this item as some minor wear and tear, it is still a steal at $2.



On the same trip, I also found two more gems. One thing I love as much as fine china are good books. I found this 1944, leather bound, gilded, copy of Dickens, The Pickwick Papers, complete with rough-cut pages and old book smell all for $2.

I also picked up this vintage chocolate brown, classic cable knit, wool cardigan for only $4. This will be a great addition to my fall wardrobe.






No comments:

Post a Comment