tracking

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Sun Dried Tomatoes



I have a bumper crop of tomatoes this year; especially Roma tomatoes. So, I made some delicious Sun Dried Tomatoes. Roma tomatoes work the best because they have the lowest water content. These tomatoes are bursting with flavor and a great way to save some summer time for the long winter. This is how I did it:

First, I cut the Roma tomatoes into spears. I used about 20 tomatoes for this. Then I arranged them on the trays of my food dehydrator and sprinkled generously with salt. (Ok, they are not really sun dried, but the name is catchy). Tomatoes can also be put out in the sun to dry or, a put them on a cookie sheet and place they on the dash board of your car until they are dry.



Then, I packed away the dried tomatoes in reused glass jars for winter.

2 comments:

  1. I love the pictures! They look awesome in those jars. They'll make great lizard tongues for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete