tracking

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Grilled Green Beans

Last week, I came across a recipe for grilled green beans in a magazine. On Sunday, I decided to try it out; only simplified. I started out with a large handful of green beans; enough for two servings. I trimmed the beans and drizzled garlic infused olive oil over them. I then added about 1 tablespoon lemon juice and a couple of dashes of kosher salt and tossed the beans to throughly coat them. I let them sit and marinate for about 10 minutes. I them put them on the grill in a pan I made from a piece of reused tin foil. The original recipe called for a grill basket, but mine was full of grilled potato wedges. I grilled the green beans on the top rack of my barbecue for about 20 minutes, until lightly browned. They were wonderful!

3 comments:

  1. Hopped over here from The Green Phone Booth to check out your blog. I've been collecting seasonal recipes for a monthly post on my personal blog The Conscious Shopper. I'll be doing another recipe post on Thursday. Mind if I link to some of your recipes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED these! SO good. I think you should make them everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Erin and Andrea. Erin, feel free to link to any on my recipes. I will be posting more garden veggie and fruit recipes all month.

    ReplyDelete