tracking

Friday, November 13, 2009

Sugar Scrubs - From the Kitchen to the Bath


So, lately I have been looking for safer and cheaper alternatives to the health and beauty products I use every day.

I started using the Basic Sugar Scrub recipe I found on Condo Blues. To that recipe I added a few drops of lavender essential oils and some dried lavender blossoms. Simple enough? Then I packed the scrub into reused glass jars and gave it to family members for birthday gifts.

I also tried some out. Now, I have purchased a lot of different scrubs of various sorts over the years and have used them all. None of them compared to this one. The felt nice to use, not to scratchy for my skin. It rinsed off easily and left my skin silky smooth and very soft. I usually use lotion on my legs after a bath to restore moisture, but after using this sugar scrub, my skin was moist enough that I didn't need any.

The best part is that I exfoliated and moisturized my skin without exposure to parabens, phthalates, or other toxic chemicals and without the use of any petroleum products.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked the scrub! The funny thing is that I found a very expensive sugar scrub for sale at Sephora with the same ingredients as the basic scrub I made. I like my price better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last year I came up with a peppermint candy scrub. And so I don't feel I have to rush to use it, I store the crushed candies in a jar, and pour out the amount I need and mix in the oil when it's time.

    ReplyDelete